An essential ingredient for an Amazon bestseller campaign is to have as many people as possible purchase your book on the same day. The reason for this is, the rankings on Amazon are influenced by the number of purchases made during a given hour.
In preparation for this, offer review copies of your book to friends and colleagues and encourage them to post their reviews to Amazon. This also helps with the ranking, once people begin to purchase your book. Be sure to let your reviewers know the date for your launch and ask them to mark their calendars.
Note – There is a five star rating system as part of the book review process on Amazon. Let your reviewers know that if they find your book deserving, a Five star rating is the best and it carries a lot of weight.
Video book reviews are very powerful and are now available as part of the Amazon book review process. All videos do go through an acceptance process so take care that you don’t try to sell something in your video as that is one of the reasons some videos are not approved. Of course introduce yourself by mentioning your name and book title so that you receive additional exposure for your book. For the greatest impact, try to keep your review to 1-3 minutes.
In preparation of your book launch, be sure to put energy into your Author Central page on Amazon. This is your place to shine, share your books, videos, blog posts, tweets, reviews and more. If you’d like to see an example of an Author Central page, here’s mine: http://budurl.com/authordvorah
It is essential that you have a well-developed platform before launch day arrives.
Developing your foundation before launch day
- A branded book blog
- A Facebook fan page for the book
- A well-developed Amazon Author page
- Your new book added to the author social networks such as, Good Reads, Author Nation, etc.
- Established relationships in your LinkedIn Groups
- Published blog posts and articles on the topic of your book
- Reviews of your book, from experts and readers interested in your topic, etc.
What to focus on, on launch day
Being that I just held an Amazon bestseller campaign for my now Bestselling Book, I was amazed at how many tasks there were, that I could be focusing on. Begin by making a list of activities that you want and need to be focusing on during launch day. Delegate whatever you can to your team so that you can focus on interacting with people.
Here is a selection of activities that I focused on during my book launch
- Clear your desk, have a selection of protein bars, and fresh fruit and bottles of water
- Keep your focus
- Schedule blog posts to go out during the course of the day. Use the Twitter Tools WordPress plugin and/or Facebook’s NetworkedBlogs.com application as a way of syndicating your content and getting in front of more people.
- Post press releases in various locations. Here is one of mine on Fast Pitch Networking: http://www.fastpitchnetworking.com/pressrelease.cfm?PRID=65254
- Spend time interacting on LinkedIn and post a few articles to your groups. Let them know about your launch
- Head over to Animoto.com to create a fast, fun video to post on this book blog
- Take stretch breaks and keep your energy high
- Get ready for the ride of your life
There are many more ideas I’d like to share with you, and I will over the course of this 21-day virtual book tour. Here’s to your book marketing success!
D’vorah is the author of Book Marketing Made Easy: Simple Strategies for Selling Your Nonfiction Book Online – Visit her book blog and check out the full virtual book tour schedule at: www.BookMarketingMadeEasy.com.
D’vorah offers programs for nonfiction authors interested in growing their brand and their book sales through online book marketing practices and strategies. You can purchase her book on Amazon at: www.BookMarketingMadeEasy.com/amazon