If you’ve seen these odd little squares just about everywhere and wondered about them let me try to clarify some of the mystery.
1. Q R stands for Quick Response; i.e. QR code = Quick Response code
2. Q R codes are two-dimensional codes that can be read by a Smart Phone or mobile phone app
3. A Q R code can contain information to direct someone back an URL, a telephone number or show them some informative text or business contact data
4. You can have a Q R code generated for free at http://goqr.me/
5. Q R codes can be included on flyers, signs, business cards or even people!
People love playing with new technology, so why not try a Q R code out on your next book cover or maybe a t-shirt?
You could use one to tell everyone about where they can buy your book or maybe about the upcoming sequel that’s still a WIP. Get one to wear to your next literary event!
Have some fun and market your book at the same time.