8 ways authors are like … PENGUINS
April 25 is World Penguin Day – so of course we did a little digging and discovered 8 ways authors are like penguins.
- Like penguins, good authors are adaptable. Though penguins are flightless birds, they have adapted flippers to help them swim in the water.
- Like penguins, which typically live on islands or in other secluded areas, authors frequently need isolation or seclusion.
- Like penguins, good authors have a diverse appetite (for other writers’ works). Penguins don’t eat the same thing every day; they consume a range of fish and other marine creatures that they catch underwater.
- Like penguins, successful authors split their time (between writing and marketing). Penguins spend about half their time in the water; the other half of the time, they hang out on land.
- Like penguins, successful authors do a little at a time. Emperor Penguins are able to…
View original post 211 more words